Frequently Asked Questions
1) “How long will my server take to be setup?”
Servers are generally setup within 15-20 minutes after your payment has been received.
2) “Are your servers Bukkit®?”
Short answer, Yes! We support both Bukkit, Spout, and Vanilla Minecraft in our server environment.
Long answer, when your server is started a file called ‘server.jar’ will be called with any custom JAR parameters you choose to specify.
3) “Can you guys give me an internet hostname as well as my own IP address?”
Yes, and Yes! When you purchase a server, we provide you with no only an internet address (example: 126.96.36.199), but also an internet hostname like: “myname.mineladder.com”. This helps fellow gamers find & memorize your server easier! Just let us know the name you’d like to request when purchasing your server.
4) “How much control do I get over my server”
You will receive full FTP access to your server for uploading plugins, changing Bukkit/Minecraft versions, downloading backups, changing worlds, editing files, etc. We also currently provide a control panel to all our customers, and are planning on releasing a new and improved version in February.
5) “How do I add new plugins to my server?”
Just login to your server using FTP and upload the files you’d like to the ‘plugins’ folder.
6) “If I’m banned from the server by someone I op, can I unban myself?”
Yep, stop your server, edit the ‘ops.txt’ file (using FTP or our control panel), and start your server again.